Monday, February 6, 2012

Contain the Enthusiasm, Please!

Practically every Super Bowl Sunday I have to work. Sunday is a regular workday for me. So, unless I take some sort of leave, I am a captive audience for the Super Bowl testosterone that inundates the station.

I find it rather amusing how when the game is on the complaints drop down to next to nothing (most of the time...last night it didn't have it's full effect on our clientele). Interesting how you keep the male part of the population occupied with something as mundane as a sports event and half the world's problems seem not to exist. That does not say much for the male gender, now does it? The only other thing that keeps them that occupied is sex. You kind of have to feel rather sorry for them; some of them such simple creatures.

In order to endure the onslaught of the male hormone to my system on game day this year, I decided to bring in snacks to ease the pain. A rye bread bowl with spinach dip for the whooping and hollering, chipotle garlic dip and pretzels for the high-fiving and, the ultimate sedative, guacamole with tortilla chips to mitigate the overall racket.

Here is my game day face. Note the above "medications" in the background.




Phew, made it through another year. You would think that working around so many men would help me build up my tolerance for it. (Actually, I don't really mind it. My father and eight brothers were antibody enough for all of it!)

Oh wait...

and then there is the revelling! Gimme a beer! This is Bubba...



No comments: