Saturday, September 11, 2010

Battle of Plattsburgh

Today I walked in the Battle of Plattsburgh parade with the folks from Literacy Volunteers. As you can see, the group started out very small.



But later we had probably 15 people or more in our group. We handed out pencils with the Literavy Volunteers contact info on them to the kids and went through over a thousand pencils. I had another picture of the whole group, but I somehow accidentally erased it from my cell phone camera. What a shame! It was a good picture too! And next year I will be more prepared by remembering my camera, so I don't have to fumble with the one in my cell phone. Hindsight...

I had a few eventful moments there; I was greeted by a few people I knew along the route who made a point to get my attention. I also ran into this little fella. And people give ME weird looks when I stroll my cat in her stroller. Who knew you could stroll a rooster in a chicken wagon?



All in all, it was a fun event and I look forward to next year's parade.

No comments: