Friday, February 12, 2010

When you thought you've heard it all, along comes something new

While at work today, I took a phone call from an older gentleman who had lost his traffic ticket and wanted to know the right way to take care of it. He proceeded to apologize to me for his slow speech and explained that "they hadn't removed his jaw yet". I didn't ask, but braced myself for a conversation of psychiatric proportions. lol. Anyway, after assisting him with his lost ticket dilemna, he was very grateful. So grateful, in fact, that he asked me "Do you like cookies?" I responded with a question, not holding back my chuckle, "Sure doesn't everybody like cookies?" He said "Well, write this down." He proceeded to give me the following recipe:

1 cake mix (duncan hines fudge swirl, precisely)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce as a substitute for a low-fat version)

Place rounded balls of batter on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.

Actually, I have tried a recipe just like this before and it does turn out some good cookies. And the bonus is: You can use whatever flavor cake mix you want. I've added things like nuts, marshmallows, m&ms, raisins, etc to them too. And since the ingredients are few and simple you can easily make them with kids.

Happy cookie baking from my caller to you!

No comments: