Monday, February 16, 2009

Adventures in Weight Loss

Back on January 9th, Amy Gallagher (a co-worker) and I decided to start our own mini version of The Biggest Loser. I think she is sticking mostly to calorie counting, whereas I am following, more or less, the Weight Watchers plan. Regardless we have both taken to consuming the recommended daily amounts of water one's body needs all the time, and which are particularly important in the weight loss process. However, I am convinced that it has morphed into a contest to see who can make it to the bathroom first each day we work together, since we seem to be competing in the Olympic version of the 20-meter Bathroom Dash:





While driving up the Northway this past Friday, coming back from classes at UAlbany, I passed a rest area I probably should have visited. It was at that moment that I imagined my bladder looking forlornly at the rest area as 'wee' (hahaha) passed it by. Poor little fella! I made myself laugh so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks..and was in danger of peeing my pants. Needless to say I made haste to the next available pitstop.

No comments: