Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Goodies from a Good Guy




This is my friend, Jim Moran. Until mid-October we worked in the same workplace, but then he transferred back home to the Western part of the state. He's very talented in the kitchen and at this time of the year he makes gingerbread houses to give to friends. Below is a sample of his creativity. Note the "attire" of the little gingerbread men and the yellow Peeps people. How apropos! He had come up for a visit this past Saturday to attend the same party Kath and I went to. Since he had to go back home that night, he asked that I bring his creation to work for him on Monday. So, I did and by today the candy inside of it was almost completely gone. Note also the nickname on the card in front of it with which he was baptized the first time he brought in baked goods (and continued to do so regularly) to work. Anyway, it is cute and festive and I wanted to share it.




p.s. Where Santa is standing on the awning of the roof is supposed to be a candy cane like the one to his left, but I broke it. Like a bull in a china shop, am I. Sorry, Jim! And I don't know how the NYSP came off the front of the building.

No comments: