Monday, November 3, 2008

Memories of Melodies

Does anyone else remember Mom and Dad dancing to these and other songs in the livingroom of the house on Rt3?


I think this is the right version of The Very Thought of You that they had on LP



This is not a version they danced to but it is kind of close to the version I remember (which I could not find). It is hard finding the versions of old songs sometimes, especially when you are sure who the artist was. This version is rendered by Michael Bublé. His voice is SPECTACULAR!!!


Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Michael Bublé

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great songs and with them, great memories...I do remember that their "song" was Star Dust and they were always dancing to that.

Loved the photos of Poke-o-Moonshine...I remember those drives past there as I was returning from dropping the girls off to their Dad. I especially the Fall time driving on I87 and seeing the beautiful Fall colors reflected in the ponds and lakes...especially the Lake near Elizabethtown...loved it!

Going to the Lord Mayor's Show this weekend in London...will post some photos. I've been terribly busy and haven't had much time to do fun things, but I am looking forward to this event. It should be fun and then we'll go to dinner.

Hope all is well and I look forward to speaking with you at Thanksgiving time.

Take care...

Michele Maddix said...

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I love Stardust, but since I posted it in an earlier post, I decided not to with these.

I'm not positive but the lake near Etown might be Lincoln Pond if we are talking about the one slightly south of Etown and on the east side of the interstate. And yes that is really beautiful. I will pass it this morning. I'm in Troy presently and my friends' house and will be leaving shortly. The thing I like best about that particular vista is that you are up high so you really get a good look at the body of water and the surrounding mountains.

What is the Lord Mayor's show...or should I wait for the pics?

Enjoy your show and dinner though, and I hope you have a nice break from all the work you seem to have while you are stateside.

I agree, it will be nice to speak to you then too.